The PTO will provide tantalizing treats throughout the week and there are numerous opportunities for families to get involved. We encourage your child – with your room parent’s direction – to make cards, bring flowers from your garden, share baked goods, or something that is special to your teacher. Let’s show the teachers and staff at Mark Twain how much we appreciate all they do for our children!
Suggested Class Sponsored Events (to be determined by room parents):
* Monday – Adopt an Ancillary and Classroom Door Decorating
* Tuesday – Students bring a flower for class bouquet
* Wednesday – Students bring hand made cards
* Thursday – Dinner Delivered. Sign up with room parent
* Friday – Pamper them Proudly. Present class gifts
In addition, the PTO will sponsor treats each day of the week for the full staff of Twain:
* Monday – Bagels and coffee for the staff
* Tuesday – A lunchtime dessert bar. Please watch the Times for a sign-up to send in home-baked cookies/cakes on Tuesday, May 2
* Wednesday – Faculty Meeting Snack Fest
* Thursday – Fruits and Yogurt Bar
* Friday – Catered luncheon
The Hearts of Appreciation are a way for students to tell teachers and staff what they mean to them. Look for a copy in your student’s red folder. Please take the time to decorate and cut out the heart. Fill as many hearts as you wish with words of thanks, poems, or pictures for a special teacher, favorite ancillary teacher, and support staff member at school.
Cut out the hearts and return them in your red folder or to the PTO workroom by Thursday, April 27. The hearts will be displayed throughout the building during Staff Appreciation Week. Extra hearts are in the PTO workroom or click here to download a copy.